Both JGL and I are beat. We’ve spent most of the day outside, and I’m pretty sure I have a sunburn on my back and tan lines (Forgive me, ELF! I’ll fix them before your wedding!!).
It feels great 🙂
We took a TON of pictures today, so rather than post them all here, we’ve put them up on Facebook. You can still access them even if you don’t have a FB account by clicking here to see the public photo album. I’ve tried to narrate them as we’ve gone along so you all can follow what we’re documenting.
It’s been a stunning few days, compared to last weekend. It’s been in the high 70s, low 80s, sunny and beautiful. JGL cleared out the carport, and we even had dinner out there last night. More than likely we’ll be out there again tonight 🙂 The week is looking to be the same, but with some rain towards the end of the week, which we’ll need.
But here’s the rundown of what’s been accomplished this weekend thus far:
- Fencing put up around the vegetable garden (woo hoo! Take THAT deer!)
- Lime worked into the soil, “back forty” re-tilled and turned, and as many clumps of grass as we can moved OUT.
- Salad, bush beans, and two rows of corn put into the ground 🙂
- Grass seed put on the very bare patches of lawn–watered and hay placed on top
- Negotiations started with Neighbor about using his truck to procure mulch for the flower beds
The seedlings are looking strong, although they need to be thinned out. I’m pretty amazed that we haven’t killed any yet, but we’ll take it–fresh tomatoes are going to taste sooo good!
But before we get ahead of ourselves, I think it’s time to get clean, pick up the house, and take a breather–I think Carson and Lucy would like to spend some quality time with us rather than watch us run around. Happy Easter, everyone!
It's the Easter Lab, Charlie Brown!