Basil on tomatoes. Basil on salads. Basil on sandwiches. I could put basil on anything. And do.
When life hands you basil, I say make pesto! It’s so simple, and all you need is a food processor. Can this bad boy and you’ll be a rock star with your family and friends all year-long.
GAL’s Delish Pecan-Basil Pesto
- Two good handfuls of basil
- One good handful of pecans (or your favorite nut will do–pine nuts are traditionally found in pestos)
- 2-3 (or 4-5 depending on how you like it…) cloves of garlic
- Handful of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil (enough to get the mixture to come together)
Put the first five ingredients into your food processor. Pulse to get them started. Slowly add olive oil until the mixture comes together into a creamy, dreamy pesto paste.
Meanwhile, cook 1 pound of your favorite pasta (as the directions on the box tell you to) with a good handful of salt. When done, drain and return to the pan. Toss with the pesto mixture and serve. Bon a petit!