I know, I know, it’s been a long hiatus since our last update. In my defence, I was gone for two weeks, and apparently it rained the good majority of the time I was gone. But this weekend we tackled the yard with a vengeance, thanks to the added deadline of my folks coming to visit at the end of May (which I’m incredibly excited about!). There’s still lots to be done today, so I’m making this quick, but here’s the list of things accomplished this weekend:
- One more truck load of mulch procured and spread on the back gardens and then shared amongst the front gardens.
- Side “kitchen” garden weeded out, re-edged, and mulched; rogue tomato plants thinned, last of the ‘maters went in there.
- Blueberry bushes weeded and mulched…we have a few berries poking through!
- Veggie garden weeded; grass clippings spread on the paths; weed-eated along the edges.
- Cauliflower, cucumbers, acorn squash, one more row of October beans, four more rows of corn, and three rows of pole beans put in the ground!
In addition to that we’ve decided to move forth with line drying all our stuff (in addition to the added benefit of helping the environment, I’m really hoping this helps my wallet this summer!), and I made the executive decision to start making all the household cleaners. I know it has nothing to do with gardening, but we’ll let you know how all this goes as well 🙂
The photo album is updated so be sure to check it out, and we’ll update more soon!